Thursday, May 29, 2008

2008 Book 49: The Dead Zone





















































Book #:49

Book Title:The Dead Zone

Author:Stephen King

Publisher:Signet

Pub. Date:1980

Pages:402

Started:May 26, 2008

Finished:May 28, 2008

Time to Read:3 Days

Back Cover / Inside Flap:"Johnny, the small boy who skated at breakneck speed into an accident that for one horrifying moment plunged him into...the dead zone.


Johnny Smith, the small-town schoolteacher who spun the wheel of fortune and won a trip into...the dead zone.


John Smith, who awakened from a seemingly interminable coma with an accursed power: the power to see the future and the terrible fate awaiting mankind in...the dead zone."

Stars:****

Review:I can't believe that it's taken me so many years to read this masterpiece by Stephen King. I thoroughly enjoyed this work from start to finish - with a hugely compelling story line, it kept me hooked along the way. John Smith is a fabulous character to follow - it's easy to buy into the emotions he's feeling and, a lot of the time, to feel sorry for him. As the story rushed to the end, I could never have foreseen what Smith would do in order to put close to his vision of the future and for the good of the entire world. If you haven't yet read this, go now. Get it. Start today!



If you have read or are planning to read this book, please make sure to stop back by and leave me a comment to let me know your own thoughts!

From my library to yours,

Tiffany

No comments: