Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008 Book 112: I'm Pregnant






















































Book #:112

Book Title:I
'm Pregnant

Author:Lesley Regan

Publisher:DK Publishing

Pub. Date:2005

Pages:448

Started:February 23, 2008

Finished:December 31, 2008

Time to Read:Practically All Year!

Back Cover / Inside Flap:"Pregnancy is a remarkable time in your life and one that involves many changes and raises many questions. Professor Lesley Regan offers you all the information and advice you need to make the right choices for you and your baby."

Stars:*****

Review:When I went looking to buy a book to read throughout my pregnancy, I considered many different options. I looked at the best-known titles (What to Expect) and little-known authors. I read reviews, read excerpts, and paged through about a million selections at a handful of bookstores. This one was my choice for several reasons. First, it's written by a doctor, but it's not written in technical language. It's written from her perspective as a mom, using her expertise as a doctor. Second, it has sections for every little aspect of pregnancy, from week-by-week guides, to tests, to complications, to labor, delivery, birth, and the first few months. I liked this thorough look at the whole process. And finally, it had a zillion looks at real women and real situations. The author didn't attempt to take a "this is the only circumstance" look at pregnancy, but instead acknowledged that everyone experiences something a little bit different. This was my Bible throughout my pregnancy, and I know I'll read it again with any other children we have. I highly, highly recommend!



If you have read or are planning to read this book, please make sure to stop back by and leave me a comment to let me know your own thoughts!

From my library to yours,

Tiffany

No comments: