Sunday, November 18, 2007

Coming Soon...

Hi, everyone!

Welcome to my new blog, called Read and Release: Tiffany's Tomes. The inspiration for this blog comes from Jaime over at Confessions of a Bibliophile, and the platform will be somewhat similar. Like Jaime does on her site, I will be using my site to write about the books that I read throughout the year. I'll give you stats on the books and my own impressions/reviews and I invite you to respond with your own feedback!

Details, Details

The official launch date for this blog will be January 1st, 2008 - New Year's Day! I will update the blog as often as I finish a book - could be once a week, could be twice, could be more! In any case, stay tuned and come back often to see what Tiffany is reading - I'll help out by posting an "Upcoming Reads" list as well, so you can get an idea of what's waiting in the bullpen!

Don't I have enough Blogs?

Yes, I know, another new blog - in fact, it's the 4th blog I've started since July 2007! But rest assured - the others are not being neglected so that this one can be launched - this is simply an additional outlet for me! Two of my other blogs can be found right here on Blogspot - just check my profile or use these links to visiting Breakfast at Tiffany's or Tiffany Takes On. My other blog, which actually came first, I choose to write "somewhat anonymously", but I may yet share it one of these days - right now it's only known/visited by the women who are a part of an iVillage group to which I belong. Oh yeah, and I'm also the blogger behind The Pitstop Report (as of 11/20/07).

Who the heck has time to read?

Stephen King wrote the following in his book, On Writing:
If you do not have time to read, you don't have the time (or the tools) to write.

I wholeheartedly agree with Mr. King. I always laugh when people tell me that they don't have time to read. Excuse me? I have a full-time fairly-demanding day job, write freelance web content at night, judge speech and debate competitions every other weekend or so during the school year, teach Leadership Development courses on college campuses as a volunteer, have four fictional works in progress, participate in a critique group, enter short story contests through Writing.com regularly, sell Pampered Chef, hit the gym once or twice a week, travel as often as time permits, take care of 4 pets and one husband, and maintain an almost 3000-square foot house...but I still read 1 or 2 or sometimes 3 books per week.

What do you do with your life that makes you any busier than I? Pick up a book - any book will do to get you started - and get reading! I read while I'm drying my hair in the morning, stuck in traffic commuting, eating my lunch, sitting in a waiting room, flying to business trips, and every single night before turning off the light next to my bed.

But aren't I trying to finish several novels and write freelance content besides? Won't having another blog take away from that?

I envision this blog as an extended writing exercise. As I also work through writing for my works in progress and the non-fiction content I produce as a freelance writer, this additional exercise will only serve to further hone my skills. It will, in particular, help me to better focus on the positives and negatives of the stories and authors I read, which will, in turn, help in my own writing!

I do hope you'll come back often to read my latest posts! Besides today's "Coming Soon" post and an "Open For Business" post in January, the only other posts you'll find here will be dedicated to the books I read, one by one by one. Enjoy - I know I will!

From my library to yours,

Tiffany

No comments: