Monday, March 24, 2008

2008 Book 23: The Rainmaker





















































Book #:23
Book Title:The Rainmaker
Author:John Grisham
Publisher:Island Books
Pub. Date:1995
Pages:598
Started:March 21, 2008
Finished:March 23, 2008
Time to Read:3 Days
Back Cover / Inside Flap:"It's summer in Memphis. The sweat is sticking to Rudy Baylor's shirt and creditors are nipping at his heels. Once he had aspirations of breezing through law school and punching his ticket to the good life. Now he doesn't have a job or a prayer...except for one: an insurance dispute that leaves a family devastated and opens the door for a lawsuit, if Rudy can find a way to file it.

By the time Rudy gets to court, a heavyweight corporate defense team is there to meet him. And suddenly, he's over his head, plunged into a nightmare of lies and legal maneuverings. A case that started small is exploding into a thunderous million-dollar war of nerves, skill, and outright violence - a fight that could cost one young lawyer his life, or turn him into the biggest rainmaker in the land...."

Stars:****
Review:It's taken me 22 prior books in 2008 to get to Grisham. Mea Culpa! The Rainmaker is definitely a classic David versus Goliath story and Grisham pulls it off masterfully. With fabulous character portraits, a moving and motivating plot, and the anticipation of giving an evil company its due, this book has it all. I love Grisham - and hope you do too!


If you have read or are planning to read this book, please make sure to stop back by and leave me a comment to let me know your own thoughts!

From my library to yours,

Tiffany

3 comments:

Gilion at Rose City Reader said...

Great blog! I love that you number the books as you read them.

TAG! I just tagged you for the Six Random Things About Myself meme (although I still don't know what that word means). I hope you haven't done it already.

Questions About Faith, Etc. said...

This is a GREAT idea. Use a blog to review books!

I too am an author, and realize the immense challenge it is to write a truly excellent book.

Tiffany Aller said...

Thanks to both of you for coming to see my blog!

And "Rose", I'll complete your meme soon over at my companion blog, Breakfast at Tiffany's.